"If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own."
- Henry Ford
Jennifer, a native of Southside Virginia, comes to Clement Wheatley from Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice in Greensboro, NC. She focuses primarily on business law, commercial transactions and commercial real estate. She is a 1994 graduate of Meredith College, and earned her law degree from the Wake Forest University School of Law in 2008. While attending Wake Forest, she was Editor-in-Chief of the Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal and member of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Team.
Additionally, Jennifer became the first law student to argue a case before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and was selected as a National Member of the Order of Barristers. She and her husband Jay reside in South Boston.
- Bar Admissions:
- North Carolina, 2008
- Virginia, 2012
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina Bar Association, 2008 - Present
- Virginia Bar Association, 2012 - Present
- American Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Past Employment Positions:
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, Counsel, 2008-2012
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 2008
Honors: Order of Barristers
CALI Excellence for the Future Award
Edwin M. Stanley Moot Court Competition – James C. Berkowitz Award for Best Oralist
George K. Walker Moot Court Competition – Elite Eight
Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal, Editor-In-Chief
- Meredith College, Raleigh, North Carolina, 1994
Major: Sociology/Political Science
Minor: Criminal Justice/Pre-Law Track
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Kappa Nu Sigma