Ben is a Southside native and a graduate of Martinsville High School. He graduated from Virginia Tech in 2011 and earned his law degree in 2014 from Elon University School of Law. While in law school he worked at the law firm of Smith, James, Rowlett & Cohen in Greensboro, NC.
Ben has served as Judicial Clerk of the Circuit Court for the City of Danville, and as Assistant Commonwealth Attorney for the Danville Commonwealth Attorney's Office, where he prosecuted and tried misdemeanor and felony cases.
Active in the community, Ben serves on the board of the Danville Speech and Hearing Center, the Board of Zoning Appeals for Martinsville City, the Martinsville/Henry County Ducks Unlimited Committee, and he is Treasurer of the Danville Bar Association.
- Past Employment Positions:
- Danville Commonwealth Attorney's Office, Commonwealth Attorney
- City of Danville Judicial Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Law firm of Smith, James, Rowlett & Cohen
- Elon University School of Law, Elon, North Carolina, 2014
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, 2011