"...in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- Benjamin Franklin
A Danville native, Harry is the father of two daughters, Kasey and Emily. Harry is active in the community, having served on the Board of Directors of the Danville Chapter of the American Red Cross as chairman and president, The Danville Speech and Hearing Center, Stratford House, The Community Tax Law Project, Danville Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. and the Danville Area Humane Society, and as an adjunct faculty member at Danville Community College and Averett Univ.
He is a Certified Public Accountant and his practice primarily involves wills, estate planning and administration, probate, trust law, charitable giving, and tax-exempt organizations. He has also received the prestigious AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbelle® Peer-Review Ratings ™, where a lawyer's peers ranked him at "the highest level of professional excellence," based on their assessment of his legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability and legal experience.
- Certified Public Accountant, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Bar Admissions:
- Georgia, 1985
- Virginia, 1986
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Virginia State Bar Association, Taxation Law Section, Member
- Danville Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- College of William and Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia,
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia,
- McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia,
- Honors and Awards:
- Named in Va. Legal Elite
- Phi Delta Phi